Welcome to the Justice, Ecology & Development Office (JEDO) within the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth, Western Australia.
We acknowledge the four permanent principles of Catholic Social Teaching:
1) Dignity of the human person;
2) Solidarity in relationships & communities;
3) Working for the Common good; with the preferential option for the poor; and stewardship for all creation; &
4) Promoting Subsidiarity.
With these four permanent principles of Catholic Social teaching as your guide, we welcome your inclusion & participation in our call to action.
Care for our Common Home
Pope Francis released his encyclical letter Laudato si’ on June 18, in Rome, with the subtitle, ‘On care for our common home’.
The encyclical calls on us to be protectors of one another, and of the environment.
You can read the encyclical here.
Further information on Laudato si’:
- Catholic Earthcare Australia have provided a lot of valuable information and additional resources on the encyclical, which can be found on their website
- Caritas have launched a new climate justice campaign called Our Common Home.
“Each individual Christian and every community is called to be an instrument of God for the liberation and promotion of the poor and for enabling them to be fully a part of society” – Pope Francis
‘Love – Caritas – is an extraordinary force which leads people to opt for courageous & generous engagement in the field of justice & peace’ – Pope Benedict XVI