Church calls for empowerment of people with disability Media Release November 29, 2018 Australia’s bishops have urged all Catholics to promote, empower and recognise the gifts of people with disability. Bishop Don Sproxton, Auxiliary Bishop of Perth and the newly-appointed Bishop Delegate for Disability Issues, said that as the Church prepared for Advent, it was appropriate… Continue Reading International Day of Persons with Disabilities_3rd December 2018
Upcoming Social Justice Days
- July 26, 2019
- July 28, 2019
- Australian Catholic Social Justice Council_July Briefing
- Pope Francis’ Universal Prayer Intention for July 2019
- 2019-20 Social Justice Statement_’Making it Real – Genuine Human Encounter in Our Digital World’
- Australian Catholic Youth Festival_8-10 Dec 2019_REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!!!
- Plenary Post_Edition 19
- (ACRATH) ‘Bollywood Nights’ with ‘Crossroads’_10th August 2019_Book your tickets NOW!
Read current and past issues of the JEDO Newsletter here, and catch up on the social justice work of the Justice, Ecology and Development Office within the Catholic Archdiocese of Perth. Continue Reading
Aboriginal Acknowledgement Plaque Orders
The use of acknowledgement plaques on entrances to homes, churches, workplaces and other buildings, serve to remind Australians of the presence of the Aboriginal people in our land millennia before the making of the Australian colonies and the Australian nation Continue Reading Aboriginal Acknowledgement Plaque Orders