WHO WE ARE
Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand works directly with businesses, consumers and campaigners to make trade fair by securing a better deal for farmers and workers.
The global Fairtrade system is governed by a Board of Directors and a General Assembly of members, which is comprised of 50 percent producers and 50 percent representatives from national Fairtrade organisations. You can read more about the governance of the global Fairtrade system here.
What Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand does
Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand (Fairtrade ANZ) is an active member of the global Fairtrade system and undertakes activities in the following key areas:
- Growing demand for Fairtrade certified products and empowering producers to sell to traders and retailers on Fairtrade terms
- Raising awareness of the need for Fairtrade in the public and the significant role of the Fairtrade Mark in making trade fair
- Supporting producer organisations and their networks in Papua New Guinea, Timor Leste and the Pacific Islands
- Providing independent certification of the trade chain for products, and licensing use of the Fairtrade Mark on products as a consumer assurance
Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand Governance
Fairtrade ANZ is a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and is an Income Tax Exempt Charity.
Fairtrade ANZ has three member organisations:
Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand Board Members
Fairtrade ANZ is overseen by a board elected by Fairtrade ANZ member organisations. The board and membership of Fairtrade ANZ are independent of any commercial interests in the use of the Fairtrade Mark.
Fairtrade Australia & New Zealand’s Leadership Team
- Chief Executive Officer: Molly Harriss Olson
- Executive Manager, Operations & Finance: Christopher Shelly
- Business Development Director: Mirjam Groten
- Public Engagement and Advocacy Manager: Kim Greenstone
- Producer Support Manager: Rachel Levine