Invites you to
An evening with the IPCC in Perth
Thursday 21 March 2019 7.00pm – 9pm
South Perth Community Centre, South Terrace, South Perth
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) is the United Nations body for assessing the science related to climate change and what needs to be done. Its Special Report on Global Warming of 1.5°C was approved by governments on 8Th October 2018.
Perth has three Lead Authors involved in this Report:
- Professor Petra Tschakert, Geography, Faculty of Science, UWA
- Professor Peter Newman, School of Design & Built Environment, Curtin University
- Dr Jatin Kala, Senior Lecturer in Environmental Science, Murdoch University.
The three speakers will do introductory comments on the following with plenty of time for questions:
- Why 1.50C is critical and implications for pathways to the future
- What is being done globally and what needs to be done
- Impact of climate change on poverty and inequality
Register at Eventbrite.com ‘An Evening with the IPCC in Perth’
Registration Essential: www.eventbrite/x
“Building Bridges to Climate Solutions”
Sunday 24 March 2019, 9am – 4.30pm
Queens Building, Level 1, 97 William St
Lobbying MPs Monday 25th & Tuesday 26th March (Optional)
Jay Weatherill, former Premier of South Australia
Dennys Angove, former CSIRO Atmospheric Scientist
Engage with speakers from Farmers for Climate Action, Drs for the Environment, Sustainable Energy Now (SEN), and more …
Registration: Click here Cost. $50 (Lunch Included)
Student Concession: $30
Topics Will Include
- Responding to the ecological crisis
- The South Australian journey to 50% renewable energy while WA is at 14%.
- Pricing Carbon Pollution: CCL’s Proposal — Carbon Fee & Dividend
- Building multipartisan support for climate action across all MPs.
- Learn and experience the power of effective political lobbying